Ten tips for using crisis communication
- There has to be communication in the event of a crisis!
- Be prepared for the unexpected.
- Take control as soon as possible.
- Look and give advice from a bird's-eye view.
- Draw up a list of people to call.
- Consider carefully which people involved inside and outside the organisation you ought to call first.
- Monitor what is being said about your organisation, both in print and online.
- Appoint a fixed spokesperson.
- Provide information honestly and transparently.
- Involve your own staff in the situation and keep them up to date.
Do you want to be properly prepared for a crisis? Do you need professional support in communicating in a crisis? Then contact the Wisse Kommunikatie team; we will be pleased to share ideas with you.