Ten tips for generating free publicity for your business
What is free publicity? This is all the positive publicity in printed media, the internet, and on radio and television that is not paid for. In other words: free advertising. An organisation can get into the news in a negative way, of course. Our tips for crisis communication show you how to prevent that or overcome it.
- Make sure you have clear objectives: what do you want to achieve through free publicity?
- Formulate a strong message: what is your organisation's story?
- Translate this story into media-oriented lines of approach.
- Make a list of which media your target groups read and/or watch.
- Invest in a structural relationship with media and journalists.
- Distribute regular press releases with news about your organisation.
- Speak at trade events.
- Write an article for a trade journal or be interviewed.
- Organise an event and invite the press to it.
- Follow a media and interview training course to enable you to talk to the press effectively.
Do you need professional support in generating free publicity? Then contact the Wisse Kommunikatie team; we will be pleased to share ideas with you.