Ten tips for writing a press release
- Send out a press release only if there is real news.
- Don't make a press release too long.
- Ensure its structure is good; the most important information must be at the top.
- Substantiate the story as much as possible with objective information such as statistics and research.
- Use a business-like tone.
- Write as much as possible in the active voice and the present tense.
- Use quotes from people involved in order to make the press release lively.
- Pay attention to grammatical and spelling errors.
- Do not send large illustrations with the document, but include a note for the editorial team, telling them where they can download or request a photo.
- Make sure you have a good media list.
Would you rather outsource the writing and distribution of a press release? Then contact the Wisse Kommunikatie team; we will be pleased to share ideas with you.